AKI is seeking General Manager with Business Development experience. Our GM’s are highly motivated and driven individuals focused on developing the markets they serve and achieving outstanding results. They demonstrate high levels of initiative, competitive drive, possess a strong entrepreneurial mindset, and an unwavering focus on results. Our GMs are confident and goal-oriented individuals, intent on delivering results while developing the business and their team members. The demands of the GM role are challenging and ever changing, and the opportunities for personal, professional, and financial growth are abundant and rewarding. They are responsible for the roadmap to success and reaping the rewards that come with leading your team to great results.
Title: General Manager
- Reports to: CEO
- Work Location: Northern VA; San Antonio, TX; Tampa, FL; Huntsville, AL
- Travel: up to 25%
- Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- Ability to deal tactfully, confidentially and professionally with all levels of staff
Growth & Strategy
- Assess and develop potential strategic partnerships to drive business growth
- Explore new markets and business models through industry trends, historical trends, forward looking forecasts, competitive assessment, etc. and build/evaluate recommendations for strategic growth and monetization.
- Orchestrate the design and execution of all aspects of new business opportunities
- Act and operate as an internal consultant, working directly with multiple stakeholders
- Take complete ownership of projects/ programs from cradle to grave: business case, scope, cost, schedule, action cycles, risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies and milestones.
Areas of Experience
- Management experience preferred within IT, C5ISR, Training & Exercise Support, or Modeling & Simulation
- Successful business development experience in Federal GovCon
- Experience successfully managing concurrent priority tasks/projects.
- Ability to “hit the ground running”.
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter with a results-focused mentality.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Must posses a Top Secret or higher security clearance.
- Must pass pre-screening drug test and background check.
- Project Management Professional, or equivalent, certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, research, and strong writing skills as well as the ability to take initiative.
- Transitioning Veterans strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities’, duties, and skills required of the person in this job. AKI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AKI considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran’s status or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Akhiok-Kaguyak, Inc. may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to AKI Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Successful candidate must pass, comply, and adhere to AKI’s Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting.