AKI, an Alaska Native Village Corporation, is seeking a Business Development focused General Manager to lead our subsidiary Sugpiat Federal, LLC. This key leadership position is responsible for overall business development through directly prospecting new clients and managing existing client relationships. The GM is also responsible for growing and managing the operations of Sugpiat Federal.
Our GM’s are highly motivated and driven individuals focused on developing the markets they serve and achieving outstanding results. They demonstrate high levels of initiative, competitive drive, possess a strong entrepreneurial mindset, and an unwavering focus on results. Our GMs are confident and goal-oriented individuals, intent on delivering results while developing the business and their team members. The demands of the GM role are challenging and ever changing, and the opportunities for personal, professional, and financial growth are abundant and rewarding. The strongest is responsible for the roadmap to success and reaping the rewards that come with leading your team to great results.
Title: General Manager, Sugpiat Federal, LLC
- Reports to: CEO
- Work Location: Northern VA; San Antonio, TX; Tampa, FL; Denver, Colorado, Anchorage AK
- Travel: 30%
- Safety Sensitive: Yes
- Security Sensitive: Yes
- Exempt/Non-Exempt: Exempt
- Manages SFLLC’s contracts.
- Acts as SFLLC ‘s interface with teaming, Joint Venture, and Mentor/Protégé partners.
- Maintains SFLLC ‘s partnering agreements.
- Conducts business development activities in coordination with CEO, CGO and business partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8 years of management experience preferred with professional support services IT and/or Cybersecurity, C5ISR, Training & Exercise Support, Modeling & Simulation
- Demonstrated successful business development experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing concurrent priority tasks/projects.
- Demonstrated ability to “hit the ground running”.
- Demonstrated experience as a self-starter with a results-focused mentality.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal direction.
- Must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret, or equivalent, security clearance.
- Must pass pre-screening drug test and background check.
- 10 years of management experience preferred with 8(a) ANC or Tribal companies.
- Project Management Professional, or equivalent, certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of NISPOM Facility Security and Insider Threat Program policies.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, research, and strong writing skills as well as the ability to take initiative.
- Strong administrative and communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully, confidentially and professionally with all levels of staff.
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities’, duties, and skills required of the person in this job. AKI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AKI considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran’s status or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Akhiok-Kaguyak, Inc. may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to AKI Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Successful candidate must pass, comply, and adhere to AKI’s Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting.