Hours: Full time (day)
Required Clearance: SECRET
Openings: 2 Full Time Positions
Location: Portsmouth, NH, and Williamsburg, KY
AKI is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join a team performing work in support of the U.S. Department of State (DOS). This is a fast paced, high impact opportunity requiring a motivated candidate ready to add value to the team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Tracking and managing staffing levels for all functions.
- Developing a formal program for onboarding and sustaining new hires, including arranging orientations and site specific expectations.
- Updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Preparing employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Maintaining a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensuring planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintaining employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning contract employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
This position is contingent on contract award.
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to think independently, and write and communicate clearly and concisely.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, customer service skills, and ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Master’s degree.
- Previous experience working for or with the Department of State either at KCC or NVC
- Active Secret security clearance.
AKI offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities’, duties, and skills required of the person in this job. AKI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AKI considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran’s status or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Akhiok-Kaguyak, Inc. may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to AKI Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Successful candidate must pass, comply, and adhere to AKI’s Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting