Akhiok-Kaguyak, Inc. (AKI) is looking for a dynamic, competent, creative, accomplished Vice-President of Human Resources to be responsible for AKI’ overall Human Resources functions, including organizational design and development, talent acquisition, driving a high performance culture, compensation/benefits, global payroll compliance, employee relations, talent management, succession planning, as well as overseeing all regulations pertaining to HR.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional passionate about creating a world class workplace that retains and attracts highly talented individuals, with in-depth knowledge of Organizational Design and Development, Recruiting, Employment Law, Compensation, Benefits, EEO, FMLA, Employee Relations and HR Technology, as well as regulations, industry trends, best practices and applicable laws regarding human resources. The Individual must be adept at handling sensitive employee matters; articulate with strong communication skills; able to relate to people at all levels of the organization.
This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and is a key member of the AKI executive leadership management team. Familiarity with Alaska Native Corporation is a plus.
The Senior Vice-President of Human Resources will be responsible for:
- Build, lead, mentor and develop the Human Resources organization. Provide substantive technical advice and knowledge to support the development of team members. Draft and implement the yearly HR budget and action items.
- Interface and communicate with all areas of the Company including all AKI’ locations.
- Oversee various US compliance efforts including EEO, and FMLA. Ensure HR related state and federal regulatory compliance are followed. For OCONUS work ensure all HR related laws and compliance are followed.
- Champion employee relations.
- Develop and direct all standards and procedures providing administrative and technical direction on all HR solutions tailored to our business.
- Strategically utilize technology and continuous improvement to further corporate goals and increase efficiency
- Actively participate in the attraction, retention, engagement, compensation, and other facets of all team members. Help direct staffing strategies to support operations and build a strong work culture.
- Design, improve, and contribute in changes to business processes, systems, and technology aiming at achieving organizational efficiency / excellence.
- Refine and implement the organizational development framework and body of knowledge. Support linking organizational design and succession planning to learning and career paths.
- Have discussions with each key executive on AKI’ Leadership Team to understand what they see as the strengths and improvement areas for the Human Resources function, as well as acquiring a general understanding of the Company’s business and key initiatives.
- Design and implement all Human Resources policies, procedures, plans, trends and processes. Present necessary changes and additions to the organization, giving the organization key initiatives and implement those changes as agreed upon.
- In coordination with the CEO, evaluate each member of the management team as well as the HR staff to establish a development plan for each manager to improve their technical skills, management abilities, leadership capabilities, as well as their general potential. Facilitate team-building with the management group to ensure its continuing success in working and winning together in our customer-centric culture.
- Provide Change Management advice as needed.
Key Competencies: The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A./B.S. in business administration or relevant field; MS/MA/MBA is a plus.
- Certified SHRM is a plus.
- 8+years of proven experience leading the Human Resources function
- Solid experience in administration/HRIS/regulatory requirements. Known to be a good planner and well versed in budgeting and forecasting. Technologically current and competent.
- Understands and knows how to get results within resource constraints.
- Has a pattern of success in energizing organizations.
- Strong generalist background is essential with solid conceptual and strategic planning abilities.
- Has specific and measurable experience in management development, team building, executive assessment and compensation system design (from hourly to the executive level).
- Possesses solid negotiation skills.
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure.
- Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
- A self-directed professional who knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus and discipline.
- Able to multitask and effectively prioritize competing priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A strong problem-solver who is diplomatic yet effective and efficient.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable.
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a “get things done” attitude.
- Multi-lingual skills would be advantageous.
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities’, duties, and skills required of the person in this job. AKI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AKI considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran’s status or any other legal protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Akhiok-Kaguyak, Inc. may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to AKI Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Successful candidate must pass, comply, and adhere to AKI’s Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check including fingerprinting.